The Arts 2021 – 22
2:00 – 3:00
CLASS BEGINS: October 1, 2021
COURSE DURATION: Through May 23.
CLASS SCHEDULE: Fridays 2:00-3:00 pm
Ever sit around doodling? Why not doodle pretty?
You might wonder what MODERN calligraphy is….well it is NOT easy to define. For one thing, it is not traditional calligraphy. It does not follow the same rules as traditional calligraphy. It is accessible. You can stylize your letters. There is a community of people trying to learn it – check out Instagram.
Here is what Miss Lilli has learned from modern calligraphy:
- -Practice really does help
And as Miss Lilli tells herself “move the pen more ___________________ after all you’re the one with the pen in your hand. You need to change what you’re doing to improve. No one else can do it for.”
Some people find it meditative. Some find it fun!
But is it useful, you may wonder. Yes, it is art. Also, people are hired to use their calligraphy skills to hand letter invitations, signs, etc. Some people even go on to teach modern calligraphy classes!
This class will be meeting in person at EIE.
Fees: $10 per week ($12.50 if a charter student) plus a one-time materials fee of $56.50
Miss Lilli is a vendor for: Sky Mountain, ILEAD, Excel Academy, Sage Oaks, Golden Valley, Gorman, Inspire, and more.
Please contact Miss Lilli to let her know that you are signing up, so she can order the class supplies. Her contact info is below.
Lilli Witczak (626)232-7932 text only -or- email: email@example.com
Kids and Teens On-Camera Acting Class
Casting Director and Set Coach
Chris Gillmore and Leo Gilmore
Tuesday (NEW DAY)
- August 24, 31
- September 21, 28
- October 19, 26
- November 9, 16
- December 7,14
- 12:00 PM-2:00 PM
- Little Stars (4 to 9)
- 2:05 PM -4:05 PM
- Beginners (9 thru teen)
- 4:10 PM -6:10 PM
- Intermediate to Advanced
VENDOR WITH THE FOLLOWING CHARTERS:
- Academy of Arts and Sciences
- California Enrichment Academy
- Excel Academy
- Golden Valley
- Sage Oak
- Sky Mountain
- $125 per month private funds
- $150 with charter funds made out to Home School Coaches
So…Whatever you’re thinking an acting class for kids and teens is, you will be happily surprised! This acting class, taught by professional casting director and set coach of over 15,000 kids and teens, Chris Gilmore. It is much more than just a class where students learn how to act professionally on camera for movies, television and commercials.
The added benefits of this incredible series of classes are: It builds the student’s self esteem and self image. It teaches discipline and focus as well as teaching students to use their creativity and imagination. It empowers the students to be able to speak in front of a group with great confidence and improves memorization, improvisation and even helps develop a sense of humor.
From start to finish all students will learn the art of comedy, drama, two-party scene study, cold-reading, monologue technique, comedy improvisation as applied to on-camera film and television performances as well as commercial techniques. Every month is a different acting theme. This course is the Real Thing, and if acting professionally is the goal, students will receive all the skills necessary to pursue a professional acting career while having fun learning them.
LITTLE STARS CLASS
- This class is designed for the younger 5 – 9 year old children.
- Primary goal is to discover the child’s talent and introduce the concepts of creatity and imagination.
- Introduce child to cold reading skills and improve vocabulary to build communication skills.
- Improvisation to develope their on the spot problem solving and communication confidence.
- Teach discipline and focus.
- Works on a goal and reward system allowing the child to experience an instant gratification experience.
- Ideal class to work on communication skills including eye contact and body language.
BEGINNING ACTING CLASS
(IN PERSON OPTION AVAILABLE)
This class is highly suggested for kids 9 years old through 18.
- Assorted acting skills including comedy improv, method acting, on camera scene study, and much more.
- A class which encourages the student to ask questions and learn the techniques of acting from the beginning steps on.
- A strong focus on building the student’s confidence in themselves and in letting go the fear of performing in front of others
- In this class, the teacher also evaluates the student’s learning style, confidence level, emotional needs, and develops a teaching plan for each individual student
- Great class for a trained actor who has developed bad acting habits and needs to relearn the skills from a new perspective. (such as a theatre-trained actor who needs to learn how to tone-down “theatre acting” and approach acting from a more organic and internal level.
INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED ACTING CLASS
(IN PERSON OPTION AVAILABLE)
This class is highly suggested for teens
- A faster paced class where students are challenged to utilize their acting skills to the max, as they learn new and more advanced skills
- Many acting challenges are given which builds even more confidence
- Great class for trained actors who are looking to continue growing in the art of on camera acting and seriously considering a professional acting career.
THE ADDED BONUS: At the end of every month, all parents will receive an on-line video of the students’ performances in class so you can watch their progress. (upon request)
Introduction to Singing, Performing, Songwriting, Recording and Audition Preparation
Cost: $65 per one hour class.
Class meet’s twice a week for one hour each, by appointment only.
Mentoring Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced students 7 and Up
Does your child love to sing? Are they afraid to step out in faith and share their gift with the world?
Professional singer, songwriter, producer and mentor Janeen Ferdinand helps your child appreciate the uniqueness of their voice, sing with boldness, gain the confidence they need to dissolve any fear of public performance and land more auditions while discovering their true gifts, talents, calling and purpose.
Your child’s confidence will SOAR as they work with Janeen to turn their love for singing into a professionally written, recorded, mixed and mastered song OF THEIR OWN that could become a number one hit!
DID YOU KNOW:
One of the only activities that stimulate, activate and use the ENTIRE brain is music? Studies show students with music training have more than twice as much cognitive and non-cognitive skills than those who are involved in sports, theater and dance AND they have better school grades, their more conscientious, open and ambitious! (Findings from the German Socio-Economic Panel, SOEP).
Parent, if your child is showing signs of anger or frustration, Janeen’s class is what they need.
In this class, students are not just taking singing lessons. They are performing, voice acting, singing, songwriting and recording their very own original song that they work one-on-one with Janeen to sing and perform for the world!
Janeen takes her students through her step by step songwriting process; from song idea, to song completion, performance coaching, to showcase in this very unique class.
Students are now enrolling.
*This is a 3 month course.
*This is a faith-based mentorship.
*All are welcome to interview, apply and audition.
*Students meet ONE-ON-ONE, twice a week for one hour each.
Call or email to meet with Janeen in her recording studio in San Gabriel California for a FREE 1 hour vocal audition to discuss your child’s music goals. (By appointment only).
References available upon request.
My name is Janeen Ferdinand. I am a worship leader, singer, songwriter, voiceover artist, composer and producer. I’ve been singing professionally for over 30 years and mentoring for over ten years.
I teach out of my own professional, state of the art, “really cool” (according to my students) recording studio in southern California. I specialize in singing, vocal tips and training techniques to preserve the longevity and quality of the voice, basic fundamentals of recording in a studio, audition preparation, songwriting, music production and performing.
I currently work with several Emmy Award winning producers in television and film and I’ve previously worked with multi-platinum, Grammy award winning producers Maurice Starr (New Edition and New Kids on the Block), Michael Jonzun, Donnie Wahlberg, Gerald Lee (songwriter for the multiple Grammy award winning singer Patti LaBelle) and Grammy nominated producer / saxophonist Scott Mayo. I’ve toured around the U.S. for many years performing, recording and opening for numerous national acts including multiple Grammy Award winners The Fugees.
I enjoy working with aspiring artists of all ages, helping them to discover and walk in their calling and purpose, inspiring them to help others do the same.
I have numerous client testimonials available on my website and by request.
My current students are landing auditions, excelling in singing, songwriting, vocal recording and courageously performing publicly and I am confident you will too.
My class is faith-based, personalized to your child’s specific needs and open to students of all ages.
I look forward to going on a musical journey with you!
Location & Contact Details
Tel: (626) 292-2258
843 Commercial Avenue San Gabriel, CA 91776