Kids and Teens On-Camera Acting Class
Casting Director and Set Coach
Chris Gillmore and Leo Gilmore
Meet on the First and Second Monday of the month.
12:00 – 2:00
3:00 – 5:00
Meet on the Third and Fourth Monday of the month.
12:00 – 2:00
3:00 – 5:00
NEW SIGN UPS SHOULD MEET AT 11:45.
VENDOR WITH THE FOLLOWING CHARTERS:
- Academy of Arts and Sciences
- California Enrichment Academy
- Excel Academy
- Golden Valley
- Sage Oak
- Sky Mountain
- $125 per month private funds
- $150 with charter funds made out to Home School Coaches
So…Whatever you’re thinking an acting class for kids and teens is, you will be happily surprised! This acting class, taught by professional casting director and set coach of over 15,000 kids and teens, Chris Gilmore. It is much more than just a class where students learn how to act professionally on camera for movies, television and commercials.
The added benefits of this incredible series of classes are: It builds the student’s self esteem and self image. It teaches discipline and focus as well as teaching students to use their creativity and imagination. It empowers the students to be able to speak in front of a group with great confidence and improves memorization, improvisation and even helps develop a sense of humor.
From start to finish all students will learn the art of comedy, drama, two-party scene study, cold-reading, monologue technique, comedy improvisation as applied to on-camera film and television performances as well as commercial techniques. Every month is a different acting theme. This course is the Real Thing, and if acting professionally is the goal, students will receive all the skills necessary to pursue a professional acting career while having fun learning them.
INTRODUCTORY ACTING CLASS
This class is highly suggested for kids 10 years old and under
- The beginning steps of the same acting skills and themes taught in the intermediate/advanced class
- A slightly slower paced class which encourages the student to ask questions and learn the techniques of acting from the beginning steps on
- A strong focus on building the student’s confidence in themselves and in letting go of fear of performing in front of others
- In this class, the teacher also evaluates the student’s learning style, confidence level, emotional needs, and develops a teaching plan for each individual student
- Great class for a trained actor who has developed bad acting habits and needs to relearn the skills from a new perspective. (such as a theater-trained actor who needs to learn how to tone-down “theater acting” and approach acting from a more organic and internal level
INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED ACTING CLASS
This class is highly suggested for teens
- A faster paced class where students are challenged to utilize their acting skills to the max, as they learn new and more advanced skills
- Many acting challenges are given which builds even more confidence
- Great class for trained actors who are looking to continue growing in the art of on camera acting and seriously considering a professional acting career
THE ADDED BONUS: At the end of every month, all parents will receive an on-line video of the students’ performances in class so you can watch their progress. (upon request)
CONTACT: Chris Gilmore (661) 600-7372