SPECIAL INTEREST CLASSES
2:00 – 3:00
CLASS BEGINS: October 1, 2021
COURSE DURATION: Through May 23.
CLASS SCHEDULE: Fridays 2:00-3:00 pm
Ever sit around doodling? Why not doodle pretty?
You might wonder what MODERN calligraphy is….well it is NOT easy to define. For one thing, it is not traditional calligraphy. It does not follow the same rules as traditional calligraphy. It is accessible. You can stylize your letters. There is a community of people trying to learn it – check out Instagram.
Here is what Miss Lilli has learned from modern calligraphy:
- -Practice really does help
And as Miss Lilli tells herself “move the pen more ___________________ after all you’re the one with the pen in your hand. You need to change what you’re doing to improve. No one else can do it for.”
Some people find it meditative. Some find it fun!
But is it useful, you may wonder. Yes, it is art. Also, people are hired to use their calligraphy skills to hand letter invitations, signs, etc. Some people even go on to teach modern calligraphy classes!
This class will be meeting in person at EIE.
Fees: $10 per week ($12.50 if a charter student) plus a one-time materials fee of $56.50
Miss Lilli is a vendor for: Sky Mountain, ILEAD, Excel Academy, Sage Oaks, Golden Valley, Gorman, Inspire, and more.
Please contact Miss Lilli to let her know that you are signing up, so she can order the class supplies. Her contact info is below.
Lilli Witczak (626)232-7932 text only -or- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Testament Studies
1:00 – 2:00
The ESV Bible (English Standard Version)
High School Students
$250 per semester
An Introduction to the 27 New Testament books focuses on historical questions dealing with authorship, date, sources, purpose, destination, and so forth, ensuring that the New Testament books will be accurately understood within historical settings. Specific time will be allocated to the “good news” events of the saving life of the Lord Jesus Christ – His Life, Death, Resurrection.
- Hatty Kunch
- (626) 833-3070
School House of the Grove
11:00 – 12:00
Suitable for Grades: Varies ages
Duration of Series: 2 – 4 weeks each
Classes Begin: Sept 9 – June 16 (changing subject 1st Thursday of each month)
Cost of Classes: Range from $35 – $80 (includes all materials)
Inquires & Information:
- email@example.com or
- TEXT ONLY 909-993-2203
Register for Class: At above contact information. Deposits range from $10 – 20, are nonrefundable and due at time of registration.
Description of Class: Each month will be a different elective short. Registration will be class by class and month to month on the week prior to the date of first class.
Example: Class F begins Feb 3 – Registration will be from Jan 27th – Feb 2
- – In registering for these classes, please be aware that there are age guidelines to ensure for subject appropriateness.
- – Class sizes are limited.
- – There are no charter funds available at this time.
- -Some classes require parent waivers or student contracts, and prices vary per class.
- – Check each class description carefully.
Mini Series Classes
- Sept 9-30 A Event Planning 4 weeks
- Oct 7-28 B Project Development 4 weeks
- Nov 4-18 C Kid Fun 2 weeks
- Dec 2-16 D Animal Behavior 3 weeks
- Jan 6-27 E Continental Cooking 4 weeks
- Feb 3-24 F Comedy Improv 4 weeks
- Mar 3-31 G Gardening 4 weeks
- Apr 7-28 H NASCAR Racing 4 weeks
- May 5-26 I Autonomics 2 weeks
- Jun 2-16 J Shake It Off! 3 weeks