March 2018 Field Trips
Sea World – San Diego
March 7, 2018
8:45 am – 1:30 pm
COST: $6.25 per person: stay until 1:30 pm. You MUST leave by 1:30!
$32.00 per person (all day) Park closes at 5:00 pm
PLACE: Sea World, 500 Sea World Drive, San Diego, CA 92109
PARKING: FREE – Pick up a parking pass when signing up
*** Please be prompt. The group must enter together (all must check in before we can get in line to register; then we have to wait until our group is let in) and everyone will be held up if you are late.
Deadline: Wednesday, February 14, 2018
Enhance your home education program with an Instructional Field Trip to SeaWorld. This program provides your students with an unforgettable day of exploration as they connect to wildlife and the world we share.
Your program begins at 9:30 a.m. and ends at 1:30 p.m. The program includes:
- An educational animal presentation.
- Self-guided viewing of SeaWorld’s animal habitats. On the day of the visit, each adult chaperone receives a Field Trip Guide to facilitate learning.
- A Science Activity Guide is provided prior to your visit. This guide provides additional educational value to your SeaWorld field trip.
Field Trip Guides/Teacher Guides:
Orpheus and Eurydice
by Christoph Willibald Gluck
March 7, 2018
COST: $8.00 per student, $15.00 per adult
- -Or- enroll in Opera Class – $100.00 per year per family
- (Wed. at 4:30–5:30pm at EiE) (no more than 1 adult to 1 student ratio)
PLACE: Dorothy Chandler Pavilion
135 N. Grand Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90012
PARKING: Music Center Garage – $9.00 (please check price)
There is a mandatory meeting Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2018 from 4:30-5:30pm.
Deadline: Until full
In a timeless story drawn from mythology, Orpheus descends into the underworld to retrieve his lost Eurydice. But first he must tame the Furies and face Love’s challenge. Gluck’s groundbreaking opera, which bridges the musical worlds of Handel and Mozart with its ornate vocal lines and flowing melodies, forever changed the face of opera with its bold emphasis on dramatic clarity and emotional strength.
Director, choreographer and designer John Neumeier, a living legend in the dance world, creates a new production that showcases the virtuoso dancers of the Joffrey Ballet.
In French with projected English Translations.
For questions: email@example.com
Easter Egg Hunt at Park Day
March 22, 2018
Egg hunt starts at
Park Day is from
12:00 – whenever
PLACE: Encanto Park, 777 Encanto Pkwy., Duarte, CA 91010
Deadline: Monday, March 19, 2018
Please come to Park Day and enjoy time with other families. We will be having an Easter Egg hunt for the kids – age does not matter!! Please bring the following:
- 1 dozen filled plastic eggs per child (no chocolate due to melting) Please tape edges of eggs to prevent opening.
- Something for your child to gather eggs in.
- Please arrive early so we may sort the eggs.
This will be a fun time for all.