January 2019 Field Trips
Homeschool Snow Sports Adventure
Mountain High – Wrightwood, CA
Mandatory 1st meeting date:
Tuesday, January, 8, 2019
at 10:30 am at Mountain High
This is when you get your lift tickets & ski lesson
Registration & Payment Deadline:
Monday, December 3, 2018
- 4 lift tickets, 4 rentals & 1 lesson: NB4-1 $ 144.00
- 4 lift tickets & 1 lesson (no rentals): NB4-2 $ 120.00
- 4 helmet rentals: (2nd page) ADD-ON $ 12.00
- ADULTS: 4 lift tickets, 4 rentals & 1 lesson: NB4-A $199.00
PLACE: Mountain High, 24510 Highway 2, Wrightwood, CA 92397 PARKING: Free Registration & Payment Deadline: Monday, December 3, 2018 HSSA is a flexible school program convenient for home school families.
- 4 trips –Monday thru Friday, non-holiday. —Must be finished by last week of February 2019.
- You may opt out of the lesson. (at the bottom of the release form you will choose lesson type – choose opt out)
- After the first trip participants have the freedom to choose their trip dates.
- 1 hour & 45 minute ski/snowboard lesson for all skill levels. First trip only.
- A “hands free” pass (8 hours); All Rentals; On-line sign up and payment
How to register for HSSA: (you must register & pay online at Mt. High) Go to, www.mthigh.com hover over tickets+groups, click on school programs, & scroll down to click here to register Direct link: http://www.mthigh.com/site/tickets-and-groups/group-sales/school-program.html
- STEP 1: SELECT Snowsports Adventure (ASSA/HSSA) – NON-CHARTERED PROGRAM
- Choose package type then click ADD
- STEP 2: Complete Information (School: Excellence in Education or EIE) and Select ADD TO CART
- At the top of the page click on YOUR CART;
- complete LIABILITY FORM
- (under Lesson type – this is where you may opt out of the lesson)
- and then CHECK OUT
John’s Incredible Pizza Co.
Behind the Scenes Tour
January 18, 2019
10:30 am – 12:45/1:00 pm
- 5280 Arrow Hwy
- Montclair, CA 91763
Registration Deadline: Monday, January 7, 2019 (or until full)
Join us for this Behind the Scenes Tour. Learn how they make pizza; see the kitchen, back area, the different parts of the restaurant and each group will get to make a pizza (depending on our group size, we will make more than one-these are not individual pizzas). We will have our own room to eat our pizza, plus included with the tour will be all you can eat buffet (a wide selection of pizza, pasta, fried chicken, and side, etc.), unlimited beverages, 20 Fun World Credits and your choice of 1 ride. You can purchase more credits and rides once you are there. For questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guide Dogs of America Tour
January 30, 2019
9:30 am – 11:30/12:00
- 13445 Glenoaks Blvd.
- Sylmar, CA 91342
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, January, 22, 2019 (or until full)
MUST HAVE 15 STUDENTS We will be getting a guided tour of The Guide Dogs of America facilities. We will have a presentation, a video, and get to see the kennels. We will also get to meet a trainer and their dog. Hopefully even see the puppies. There are many ways to support GDA; if possible, we would like to have each family bring a dog toy for the puppies that are in the kennels -please no edible toys as they are on a specific diet. Their Mission: Guide Dogs of America empowers people who are blind and visually impaired to live with increased independence, confidence and mobility by providing expertly matched guide dog partners. Our services are provided free of charge and available to people within the U.S. and Canada. At Guide Dogs of America, we believe that a well-trained guide dog partner offers new opportunities for greater independence, enhanced mobility, and social interaction. Our 7.5 acre campus in Southern California is home free of charge, including:to all of our programs and our services are provided
- A professionally trained, highly qualified, expertly matched guide dog
- Personalized instruction in how to care for and work with that dog as a team
- Transportation to and from our school
- Room and board during the 21-day in-residence training program
- Veterinary care at our clinic
- Extensive post-graduate support services
Finding the right partner, forming a strong bond, and maintaining a solid support system are the keys to a successful guide dog team. Guide Dogs of America’s program embraces all of these. For questions: email@example.com