January 2020 Field Trips
To Register or Sign Up for Field Trips please choose one of the following options:
- Go to the EIE Resource Center
- Call our the EIE Resource Center at (626) 821-0025
- Go to our weekly PARK DAY at Encanto Park, 777 Encanto Pkwy, Duarte
Homeschool Snow Sports Adventure
Mountain High – Wrightwood, CA
Mandatory 1st meeting date:
Monday, January 6, 2020 at 10:30 am at Mountain High
This is when you get your lift tickets & ski lesson
TIME: Monday thru Friday; No Holidays or Weekends
(Your own schedule after the 1st meeting)
- 4 lift tickets, 4 rentals & 1 lesson: NB4-1 $ 169.00
- 4 lift tickets & 1 lesson (no rentals): NB4-2 $ 141.00
- 4 helmet rentals: (2nd page) ADD-ON $ 16.00
- ADULTS: 4 lift tickets, 4 rentals & 1 lesson: NB4-A $ 224.00
- Mountain High
- 24510 Highway 2
- Wrightwood, CA 92397
Registration & Payment Deadline: Friday, December 20, 2019
HSSA is a flexible school program convenient for home school families.
- 4 trips –Monday thru Friday, non-holiday.
–Must be finished by last week of February 2020.
- You may opt out of the lesson. (at the bottom of the release form you will choose lesson type – choose opt out)
- After the first trip participants have the freedom to choose their trip dates.
- 1 hour & 45 minute ski/snowboard lesson for all skill levels. First trip only.
- A “hands free” pass (8 hours); All Rentals; On-line sign up and payment
How to register for HSSA: (you must register & pay online at Mt. High)
Go to, www.mthigh.com hover over tickets+groups, click on school programs, & scroll down to click here to register
STEP 1: SELECT Snowsports Adventure (ASSA/HSSA) – NON-CHARTERED PROGRAM
– Choose package type the click ADD
STEP 2: Complete Information (School: Excellence in Education or EIE) and Select ADD TO CART
At the top of the page click on YOUR CART; complete LIABILITY FORM (under Lesson type – this is where you may opt out of the lesson) and then CHECK OUT
Email Elizabeth at firstname.lastname@example.org after you have completed everything to verify registration and payment.
Elizabeth at 626-665-5087
Guide Dogs of America Tour
January 28, 2020
9:30 am – 11:30/12:00
COST: $3.00 per person (9 years and older ONLY)
- 13479 Glenoaks Blvd.
- Sylmar, CA 91342
Registration Deadline: Friday, January 17, 2020 (or until full)
MUST HAVE 15 STUDENTS
We will be getting a guided tour of The Guide Dogs of America facilities. We will have a presentation, a video, and get to see the kennels. We will also get to meet a trainer and their dog. Hopefully even see the puppies. There are many ways to support GDA; if possible, we would like to have each family bring a dog toy for the puppies that are in the kennels -please no edible toys as they are on a specific diet.
Guide Dogs of America empowers people who are blind and visually impaired to live with increased independence, confidence and mobility by providing expertly matched guide dog partners. Our services are provided free of charge and available to people within the U.S. and Canada.
- At Guide Dogs of America, we believe that a well-trained guide dog partner offers new opportunities for greater independence, enhanced mobility, and social interaction. Our 7.5 acre campus in Southern California is home to all of our programs and our services are provided free of charge, including:
- A professionally trained, highly qualified, expertly matched guide dogPersonalized instruction in how to care for and
- work with that dog as a teamTransportation to and from our schoolRoom and board during the 21-day in-residence training programVeterinary care at our clinicExtensive post-graduate support services
- Finding the right partner, forming a strong bond, and maintaining a solid support system are the keys to a successful guide dog team. Guide Dogs of America’s program embraces all of these.
For questions: email@example.com